Sunday, September 26, 2010

Nice afternoon with my girl

The kids had rehearsal yesterday and Samyson wasn't finishing until 7pm so I picked Siobhan up and we went to MOTAT, we were hoping for a ride on the new double decker tram but we kept missing it. We did get a ride on the steam train & a trip from MOTAT 2 to MOTAT 1 on 2 of the other trams. It was fun just to hang out for a couple of hours. She comes out with some of the funniest things and has a big grin on her face.

When we got home she had to pack her bag for camp. About half way through she got all stroppy because she decided she could not fit everything. Khan from next door came over in the middle of her meltdown, he asked what was wrong and I told him, he just said "I can help with that" and proceeded to help her get all her stuff together & pack her suitcase - what a cool kid. They then spent about an hour playing with the fallen tree (including erecting some sort of stick art in the corner) and then played a couple of board games before Khan had to go home.

They are at Carolanns kids holiday overnight camp for the next 2 days, Samyson & Taryn are team leaders. They were late for camp because I forgot to change the time on the DVD player in my room, I was an hour out and it was not until I was sitting smugly in the lounge thinking that it was 8am & we should be leaving in a few minutes and we were all ready that I looked up and saw it was 9am - mad panic to get them out of the house & into the car.

Gary & I are going out, hopefully to a movie & dinner if we can find something we both want to see. The kids are back tomorrow & I have Wednesday off to spend with them, not sure what we will do, it depends on the weather but if it is a nice day I think we will go somewhere for a bit of a hike.


1 comment:

Chris H said...

Ha ha, ya gotta love daylight saving.. tripped you up then didn't it!
I hope it stays fine this week to ... got extra kids ... need to be able to send them outside to play.